Combining a passion for the beautiful game with years of experience as a lawyer practicing in business and real estate law / transactions, it only seemed a natural transition to field the name “Russo Law and Soccer.” For easier name recognition, more recently I have elected to use the shorter “Russo Soccer,” in order to emphasise the true focus on the game and it’s sporting and business components.
Communication is an essential skill that any lawyer needs to possess. Thus, Russo Soccer aims to inform, provide insight, and educate through effective communication.
As a consultant and lawyer in sports management, with a particular focus on soccer, I draw on competencies which include strong verbal and written communication skills, foreign language fluencies/proficiencies, public speaking and atttention to detail.
Consultation can include the following areas:
- Advising stakeholders on rules interpretation and compliance matters;
- Guidance on rules, regulations, and policies applicable to clubs, leagues and organisations, including those of Major League Soccer, Concacaf, UEFA and FIFA;
- Content development, strategy, strategic communications, preparation for interviews with media;
- Press Releases and other communiqués;
- Entity formation, corporate filings, bylaws, limited liability companies, operating agreements, etc.;
- Creating Independent Supporters’ Groups and Supporters’ Unions (Trusts).
Familiarity with Major League Soccer, La Liga, English Premier League, Serie A, Ligue 1, Bundesliga, Liga NOS, Canadian Premier League, and USL.
© 2019 Russo Law & Soccer