Tracking Roster Movements Leading To 2019 Season on March 2:
MLS has a webpage devoted to tracking each club’s roster moves leading up to the 2019 season.
LAST UPDATE: 24 January 2019 Link below.
Rosters | Las Plantillas
Players whose Contracts expire at end of 2019 season
List of all MLS Players whose contracts expire at the end of the 2019 season.
El resumen muestra a todos los jugadores actuales de la liga MLS de los cuales sus contratos expiran el fin de la temporada 2019, con su valor de mercado, información de agente, etc.
2018 Roster Notes
- A club’s active roster is comprised of up to 30 players. All 30 players are eligible for selection to each 18-player game-day squad during the 2018 MLS regular season and playoffs.
- SENIOR: (ON-BUDGET) Up to 20 players, occupying roster spots 1-20, count against the club’s 2018 Salary Budget of $4,035,000 (USD), and are referred to collectively as the club’s Senior Roster.
- SUPPLEMENTAL & RESERVE: (OFF-BUDGET) The salaries of players on the Supplemental Roster (spots 21-24) and Reserve Roster (spots 25-30) do not count toward a club’s Salary Budget.
- INTL: In 2018, a total of 184 international roster spots are divided among the 23 clubs. These spots can be traded, in full season increments, so some clubs may have more than eight and some clubs may have fewer than eight.
- DP & Young DP: The Designated Player Rule allows clubs to acquire up to three players whose total compensation and acquisition costs exceed the Maximum Salary Budget Charge, with the club bearing financial responsibility for the amount of compensation above each player’s Salary Budget Charge. A Designated Player 23 years old (or younger than the age of 23) during the League Year is a Young Designated Player Budget Charge. Designated Player spots cannot be traded.
- HG: Homegrown Players. Link here for explanation: Homegrown Player Rule
- GA & GA-C: Generation adidas and Generation adidas Canada (GA-C) Link here for explanation: Generation adidas Program