Major League Soccer clubs are bound to comply with the league’s roster rules.
Starting with the basic premise that an MLS club can have up to 30 players on its roster, the rules go on to treat various subjects that have a direct bearing on the composition of the team’s roster and budget concerns.
Here is my guide to these rules:
- Senior Roster
- On Budget and Off Budget Players
- Supplemental and Reserve Rosters
- Domestic and International Players
- General Allocated Money
- Targeted Allocation Money
- Homegrown Players
- Generation Adidas Players
- Designated Players
- Player Acquisition and Disposition Methods
- And More
© 2019 Russo Law & Soccer